Friday, November 7, 2008

What To Do?

There are two sides to everything that I want to do in life. On one hand, it seems like i would be totally happy doing close to nothing in the way of work. I would spend the vast majority of my time playing games, reading things I might want to look over myself, and over all live a life with a simple and slow routine. On the other hand, I would love to work hard at something, almost anything, and do something that I can eventually garner fame and pride from. While not totally exclusive, these two things become so as you move to the extremes of each.

Because of this I try to do like so many do in life. Make sure that the very busy days full of things that are hard to do (or you simply don't like to do but feel you must) are offset by a day every so often in which you do nothing but relax and enjoy the day. In thinking about this, I think about how Obama must feel right now. He no longer has to bounce around the country giving speeches every day, so there is some relaxation, but he is also gearing up to spend the next decade of his life never having a real day off.

For me today was a day of peace, I have taken every opportunity I can to be calm and happy and plan to continue to do so until tomorrow morning when I wake up and get to work on the multitude of things I have to get done this weekend.

No comments: