Friday, August 24, 2007

1st Day of Class

I remember my first day of Honors freshman year. We talked about where the self was located. I liked this idea, and when I was asked to write out just where I was I had no problem doing so. I was in a town square. Around me were vendors of all kinds. Their wares included ideas, experiences, feelings, and knowledge. I wanted as much as I could get from all of them.

Now I feel like there are still plenty of vendors selling things I have yet to try, but I am not sure if I have the time I felt I did before to get around to them all.

All I can do now is make sure that the freshmen I have been charged to help, are able to see that what was once true for me is now true for them. I want them to be able to let their selves experience all life has to offer. I want them to do more than stick to one flavor. I want them to see that while the world is pretty big, it can also be experienced.

No comments: