Monday, September 24, 2007

My Phone

A few months ago I came into a Blackberry 8800. It is a nice smart phone with push mail and a decent calendar. It also has a GPS which I can use with Google Maps and a web browser that allows me handy access to the Internet. I am rarely without my phone. As my contact with the world and my nanny (that great calendar) I would be lost without it.

That said, I am not sure if I would like another smart phone again any time soon. There are many times I find myself wanting to create a .doc file or see a web site in flash. I know there is at least a program for me to have a BB version of Word, but is it worth the money when I would only use it every so often?

Because I have it I plan to use it to the best of its abilities, but I am already dreaming of my next technological step. I know this is the pitfall of a geeky guy, but hear me out. I think I would like a laptop that I could carry with me everywhere I go. Right now I have a nice 17' PowerBook G4, this is an awesome computer and I plan to make it work for me for the next several years. I don't run anything too fancy just Firefox and NeoOffice mostly, along with iTunes when I am not needing some quite, but I would like a smaller notebook that could go every where with me. Those MacBooks are looking really nice...

Now this might be the pipe dream but it is what I want. I would like a phone then with at least a 3G connection (none of this EDGE I have right now) and the ability to connect to my computer as a sort of modem. That way I can always be sure to connect my computer to the World even without a hotspot.

Until then my Blackberry and I will honor each other. We still have over a year and a half before we are done with each other.

No comments: